These FREE downloadable & shareable cards correlate with each of the 38 lessons in Control Girl: Lessons on Surrendering Your Burden of Control from Seven Women in the Bible.
You can use the cards without the book, and you can work through the book without the cards, but they do complement each other nicely. Suggestions and more information below.
The “Sampler Pack” is a set of my favorite meditations and quotes, taken from the book. The “Full Set” correlates with each of the 38 Lessons in the book. You can purchase full sets here. Discounts apply when you purchase 5 packs at a time.
Links to Control Girl Meditation Cards:
Tips for Using the Cards:
- Read the card aloud, slowly, looking for one thing you’ve never noticed before.
- Consider this truth from God’s perspective. What does he want you to know about Him today?
- Think about whether your life has demonstrated this truth in the past 24 hours.
- Anticipate how this truth might inform your speech, actions, and reactions today.
- Choose one phrase to memorize and take with you into the rest of today. Make a plan to repeat this phrase several times today.
- Picture yourself responding to something as though this was true. Pray that it might be so.
Truth is what turns us from Control Girls into Jesus Girls. Not just truth that we are willing to say, but truth that we truly believe!
Eastern Religion says to empty your mind. But as Christians, we fill our minds with the truth that sets us free! As Christians, we’re often quick to say that God is in control, but then we live like we are. We act like “Control Girls”, convinced that it’s all up to us to make things turn out right. These cards can help. They’re meant to build a bridge between what we say we believe and how we actually live. It’s nearly impossible to stop rising panic, anxiety, or anger in the heat of the moment. We have to back up and retrain our hearts beforehand to respond correctly to the things we’d like to control. We have to go into the day, having refreshed our minds with truths that settle our hearts. Truths like:
- God is in control.
- He sees me.
- He is good.
- God will not abandon me.
By meditating, we ready our hearts to fly to truth, when we’re confronted wit the things that we can’t control.