What does it mean to be male or female? What does it mean to image God? And how are these two things related? The answers to these questions are found on the earliest pages of our Bible, tucked into our origin story. I’m so thankful to have my friend Kelly Needham back with us to talk through some of the most weighty questions that our culture is wrestling with. Kelly brings such wisdom and clarity to this conversation about “Male and Female”.
Where else can I listen to this podcast?
Guest: Kelly Needham
Bible Passage: Genesis 1:26-31
Get your Freebie: The Live Like It’s True Workbook
Recommended Resources: (Scroll down)
Music: Cade Popkin Music
Producer: Maria Lyons
- Friendish (Book) – Reclaiming Real Friendship in a Culture of Confusion
- Purposefooled (Upcoming book) – Why Chasing Our Dreams, Finding Our Calling and Reaching for Greatness Fails Us and What We’re Really Meant to Live For.
- Clearly (Upcoming Podcast) – IF IT’S COMPLEX, CONFUSING OR CONTROVERSIAL, IT’S COVERED HERE. Jimmy and Kelly Needham help demystify the Bible and give you the tools to get out of the fog and see God for yourself.
Find KellyCulture's view of gender is actually far more narrow than God's view of Gender - Kelly Needham Click To Tweet A king mints a thousand coins with his image on them, and every one is the same. But the Lord makes multitudes of human beings that bear his image, and they are all different! Such is the infinite glory of God. - Lois Tverberg, quoting a Jewish… Click To Tweet
These are some of the books that have helped me prepare for the conversations we’re having about the True Story of the Beginning. I highly recommend each of them. My book, Control Girl, includes a chapter on Eve, titled, “It Looked Good to me.”
(These are affiliate links, which means I am compensated a small amount if you purchase using my link.)
Recommended Podcast Episodes
These are some of the podcasts I have especially appreciated, and which have helped me prepare for the conversations we’re having about the True Story of the Beginning. I highly recommend each of them.Listen on Spotify
Season 4: The True Story of the Beginning
Here’s the full series of episodes:
Would You be Willing to Share?
Hey, if you’re loving the podcast, would you consider taking two minutes to rate and review? This allows it to be seen by others (and it’s a huge encouragement to me!).
To help you, we’ve added a False Narrative Watchlist as part of the Live Like It’s True Workbook, which correlates with this Story of the Beginning series. This part of the workbook helps you to put side by side, the truths communicated in this story, next to the false narratives of the world. I hope you’ll pick up your free copy today!
- The 4-page True Story Worksheet
- The 1-page True Story Worksheet
- 2-sided bookmark with Study and Story Tools
- False Narrative Watchlist
- “Awakening to the False Narratives”
- Four Reasons Journaling Prompt
- Reading the Bible as Story, content directory from the Podcast
Wear It, Live it
Want to dress like you’re livin’ like it’s true? Go to my shop and grab your t-shirt!