I am beside myself with excitement to let you know that my new book, Control Girl: Lessons on Surrendering Your Burden of Control From Seven Women in the Bible will be releasing this January! Woo hoo! There have been challenges and delays along the way, but I can see how God’s timing is perfect.
I have absolutely loved working with Kregel Publications to get this book ready for the shelves. But we can’t do it alone. I’m looking for at least 50 people who are willing to be on my “Launch Team”. The first 50 to sign up will receive a launch kit, including a copy of Control Girl. Are you interested? Great!
But first, are you worried you might not be what I’m looking for? Don’t be! I already have asked various authors and speakers to help me promote the book. What I’m looking for in launch team members are:
- Women excited about the Control Girl message
- Women who enjoy using social media and sharing with friends
- Women who love Jesus and want to invite others to walk with Him!
Is that you? Will you consider joining my Launch Team? I would LOVE to have you! As you know, it means very relatively little to someone when I say, “You should read my book. It’s a good book.” Of course I’m going to think my own book is good, right? But if YOU recommend the book to your friends, it means oh so much more.
As a member of the Launch Team, here’s what you’ll be committing to:
- Participate on private facebook page. This is how I’ll be communicating back and forth with the Launch Team. In early January, after you’ve received your book/launch kit, I will host a live video chat to get you all the information you need and answer any questions you have. The time frame will likely be early January through mid-February.
- Share on social media. I might ask you to…
- Share a picture of yourself holding the book
- Pass along a provided graphic that correlates with the book
- Share a link on how to purchase the book, or how to sign up for a giveaway
- Pass out provided post cards to friends and family, at your church, at your bookstore, etc. Consider using the cards to invite a group of friends to work through the book with you.
- Invite people to the virtual Launch Party on facebook (and try to attend if you can!). I’ll be doing giveaways, some video chats, etc. It will be fun! Date: TBD.
- Writing a review on Amazon or Goodreads. This does NOT have to be a professional review. Or a long book report. Just share one or two sentences about why YOU like the book. You could start your sentences like this:
- “As a writer, Shannon is… “
- “This book will help you…”
- “One thing I learned is…”
- “I liked the chapter on _____ because I learned…”
And that’s it! Are you interested? I hope so!! Send me a quick sentence about why you’d like to join, along with your mailing address. You can either comment below, email me at email@example.com or send me a private message through facebook.
Thanks so much for considering. Please feel free to forward to a friend. I’m SO excited about the book. Can’t wait to see what God will do!
PS. Have you liked my Facebook Author Page? This is a great way show your support and get updates.
PS. Have you signed up to receive my once-in-a-while updates and announcements, along with subscriber-only freebies? You’re going to LOVE the freebie I have available right now. Sign up here: