Have I mentioned I bought a new spin bike? Here’s a new Spotify playlist I put together with Christian spinners in mind. Each song has a strong spin beat and a hopeful-because-of-Jesus message to get you moving in the saddle and ready to face the day.
No intended order. Mix and match.
I don’t have a peloton and don’t pay for group fitness. I spin on my own and motivate myself by matching my movement to the song’s rhythm. So for instance, with the first few songs:
- Fight for Me – I do the chorus standing (especially because he says, “Stand up, stand up”). 🙂
- Good Feeling – I sprint (or go double time) on the chorus or the whole song.
- Miracle – I go up-2-3-4, down-2-3-4 on the chorus.
- Blessings on Blessings – higher resistance and up on the chorus, keeping it low (no bouncing).
- The Way You Made Me – flat road, high speed
- etc. 🙂
(By the way, these song lyrics don’t necessarily reflect my theological perspectives.)
Are you a spinner? Let me know if you like the set!
I know this isn’t my typical post, but I have to share another little something I figured out.
At the beginning of ’22, I shared my new spin corner on Instagram. Since I’m working out at home lately (rather than the gym) I don’t mind bluetoothing to my laptop instead of my phone. Which means I can do THIS:
For years I’ve wanted to listen to music (for my spin beat) and a podcast at the same time. I figured out a way. You just open two tabs on your laptop. Spotify and the direct link to the podcast (most of them have a player) and wallah! It works!