Hi, I’m Shannon.
I’m from West Michigan. I’m a wife and mom, and an author, speaker, and Bible teacher. I’m happy to be sharing life with Ken, who—after 25 years, still makes me laugh every day. Together we have the joy of watching our three kids/young adults become the amazing people God created them to be. We also have two adorable Shih Tzu’s, who—unlike the kids, have no plans of moving out.
My family loves to open our front door to others, and we are deeply invested in Ada Bible Church. We are so thankful to be part of a ministry where the Bible is central and people are welcome.
As an author and speaker, I love to combine my gifts for humor and storytelling with my passion for Jesus and the truth of God’s Word. I speak for ladies’ events, retreats, and moms groups. My latest book is Comparison Girl, published by Kregel (visit ComparisonGirl.com to learn more). I’ve had the privilege of being featured on FamilyLife Today, Revive Our Hearts, Proverbs 31, and other ministries. I’ve also had the joy contributing as a blogger at Revive Our Hearts for many years.
My hope, in writing and speaking, is to invite you to live like God’s Word is true. Here’s just a small sample of what the Word teaches:
- God is in control.
- He holds the future firmly in his grasp.
- God’s grace is the only way for us to be reconciled to him.
- He loved us so much, he sent his only son to die on a cross so he could have us back.
- Serving and putting others first is regarded much more highly than getting ahead or outdoing others.
- God gives more of this to one and more of that to another that we might cultivate unity (not uniformity).
When we grasp truths like these and align ourselves to their unbending reality, our hearts become anchored in peace, security, joy and hope! That’s what I want for myself, and for you, too. I hope we’ll get to soak our hearts in the truth together. Thanks so much for stopping by. Please contact me if there is some way I can serve you or your church.