Dear Event or Retreat Planner,
Thanks for all of the ways you serve the Lord by serving your group. I’m so excited that you’re considering (or planning on) me as a speaker! It would be my joy to partner with you, in your ministry to women.
My hope in providing this page is to make your job a bit easier. If there’s something you need but don’t see, please let me know. I’m happy to help in whatever way I can.
Event Planner Shortcuts:
Please feel free to use any of the following materials, as you plan your event! These are the most common resources that we think you’ll be looking for, but please do check out the other resources on this page.
- Popkin Intro & Closing – Print to use for your even’ts introduction of Shannon and closing.
- Popkin Bio – Copy and paste this bio into your newsletter, blog post, etc.
- 3 Lengths, Popkin Bios – Short, shorter, and shortest. Copy and paste whichever bio works for your space
- Control Girl Event Promotion + Bio – Promote your event in flyers, church bulletins, on social media, etc. Copy & paste
- Control Girl Moms Group Promo + Bio – Promote your moms group event in flyers, on social media, etc.
- Control Girl Handout 8.5 x 11 – Print for your women to take notes as Shannon speaks on “Control Girl”. (Note: please don’t use this handout for retreats.)
- 1 Discussion Questions – Print for each group if you plan to have a discussion time at the end of your event.
- Group Wrap Up Discussion Questions – Print and cut in half. Use these questions for your group’s wrap up to the Control Girl study.
- Coloring Sheet Front Side and Back Side – Print (white cardstock works best) as a free gift to your group’s participants, with original artwork taken from our companion coloring book, Reflections on Surrender. You’ll need to cut these in half.
Promotion Graphics & Templates:
Feel free to add your own content or use these in any way that is helpful to you, as you plan your event:
CONTROL GIRL RETREAT / EVENT SUMMARY:
As women, we aren’t trying to exasperate anyone. We only control because we care! We’re invested! We feel an urgency—a responsibility, even—to make everything turn out right. But the more we clamp down on the people we love or the outcomes we can’t live without, the more miserable everyone becomes (us, included). Thankfully, God offers a better way.
Join Shannon as she helps you get perspective on control, yourself, and God. You’ll leave with practical steps for loosening your sweaty grip on life’s outcomes, and unloading your burdens into the big, wise hands of the One who truly is in control.
The following FREE printable resources are available to you as you plan your retreat: You can create the entire booklet, print certain handouts, or use none at all! The design on these printable pages does match the design of my slides.
- 1 Retreat Booklet Cover
- 2 Retreat Schedule
- 3. Notes_Am I a Control Girl
- 4 Discussion Questions
- 5. Notes_Control Girl to Jesus Girl
- 6 Solitude Time A
- 7 Solitude Time B
- 8 Let’s Stay Connected
Guided Prayer Stations
These are designed to use in correlation with a Control Girl retreat or event. Feel free to print and set up “stations” for women to use in a self-guided prayer time. You might want to print on cardstock, then fold them in half to create a “sign”.
Most of the stations will require supplies and a bit of set up (read the instructions on the page). Some groups like to play worship music softly in the background, dim the lights, and use candles (or flameless candles) to set a worshipful tone.
- 1 Repent Before Him
- 2 He’s Got the World
- 3 He Sees Me
- 4 Tearing Down Idols
- 5 Thank Him for Providence
- 6 Surrender to Him
- Surrender Verses
List of Supplies
If you’d like, gather some candles and have soft lighting with soft worship music playing in the background. This sets a nice ambiance. Spread the Prayer stations out, so that your women can wander from station to station. They don’t have to go in order! Make sure they have their Bible with them.
Here’s what you’ll need for each station (but please feel free to improvise as needed!):
- Station 1: small white board, black and red dry erase markers, eraser
- Station 2: paper (perhaps lined?) to make a collective list. At the top, write, “Things God alone Has Control Over”.
- Station 3: half sheets of paper or 3×5 cards, pens/pencils
- Station 4: small ceramic tiles (you can buy cheap ones at Lowe’s or Home Depot), permanent marker, brown paper bags (lunch bags), hammer, trash can
- Station 5: half sheets of paper and green, red, purple, and blue pens or fine time markers
- Station 6: 3×5 cards, “Surrender Verses” printed (see the link above)
Control Girl Playlist
These songs blend nicely with the “Control Girl to Jesus Girl” message. Some work well for corporate singing, others are better for special or intro/background music. To check out the Youtube “Control Girl Playlist”, go here.