Dear Retreat Planner,
Thanks for all of the ways you serve the Lord by serving your group. I’m so excited about the opportunity to share with your group! I’d love to partner with you in ministry, and my hope in providing the resources below is to lighten your load a bit. Please feel no obligation to use any of these resources. They are simply options for you!
If there’s something you would like, but don’t see, please contact me. I’m happy to help in whatever way I can.
Women struggle with control. We have this insatiable desire to make everything turn out right and we’re willing to do what it takes to create the “happy ending” we’ve got all worked out in our heads. But ironically, when we clamp down on our own nearsighted version of how things should go, we often create strife and misery instead of the security, peace, and joy we envision—both for ourselves and our loved ones.
But there’s good news. No woman has to be a Control Girl. In this retreat setting, Shannon will help you get perspective on control, yourself, and God. You’ll leave with practical steps for loosening your sweaty grip on life’s “controller” and laying it in the big, wise hands of the One who truly is in control.
Retreat Options & Summaries:
- 2 Session Retreat (1 Day)
- 2 Session Sample Schedule
- 3 Session Retreat (2 Day)
- 3 Session Sample Schedule
- 4 Session Retreat (3 Day)
- 4 Session Sample Schedule
Feel free to use any of the following FREE printable resources, as you plan your retreat:
- 1 Retreat Booklet Cover
- 2 Retreat Schedule
- 3. Notes_Am I a Control Girl
- 4 Discussion Questions
- 5. Notes_Control Girl to Jesus Girl
- 6 Solitude Time A
- 7 Solitude Time B
- 8 Let’s Stay Connected
Guided Prayer Stations
Please feel free to print these out and use to set up “stations” for women to use in a self-guided prayer time. You might want to print on cardstock, then fold them in half to create a “sign”. Read the instructions, and gather the supplies for each station ahead of time. Some groups like to play worship music softly in the background, dim the lights, and use candles (or flameless candles) for ambiance.
- 1 Repent Before Him
- 2 He’s Got the World
- 3 He Sees Me
- 4 Tearing Down Idols
- 5 Thank Him for Providence
- 6 Surrender to Him
- Surrender Verses
Promotion Templates, Art Work, and Bio Information:
Please feel free to use the following graphics however you’d like:
Slides for Promotion:
Facebook event header template:
8 1/2 x 11 flyer template:
Facebook post template:
Control Girl 2 x 4 stickers:
- Shannon_Intro & Closing: Feel free to use this when you introduce Shannon, or close out various sessions during the retreat. Feel free to adapt as necessary.
- Shannon’s Bio: Feel free to use this bio to promote your retreat, however you’d like.
- Control Girl Promotion + Bio Feel free to use to this short paragraph to promote your women’s event in flyers, church bulletins, social media, etc.
- Popkin Speaker Flyer: This might be helpful to offer your planning committee, or to pass on to another group interested in having Shannon speak.
- Control Girl Book Flyer: This might be helpful for introducing Control Girl to your committee or another group. Thanks so much for sharing!
- Half Sheet Coloring (plus back side): This coloring sheet (with original artwork by Janyre Tromp) might be a great addition to your retreat. Shannon would be happy to discuss the possibility of having these printed on cardstock and cut for your group.
You might consider generate interest in the topic by sharing the “Control Girl Quiz” with your group:
- Permission granted to use photos for promotion purposes:
The following songs correlate nicely with the Control Girl topic that Shannon often speaks on. See also the playlist below.